Please check our website during the summer for an update for our 2019-2020 Substitute Training.
Our next substitute workshop will be Thursday, October 25, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM in the Butz Education Cafeteria located at 400 W. Young Street. All you need is a pen! One workshop is mandatory for persons interested in substituting for Fort Stockton ISD or the 2018–2019 school year.
If you are interested in working for the Fort Stockton Independent School District as a substitute aide, bus driver, cook, custodian or teacher; please be aware of the following policies:
1. Criminal Background checks will be conducted on all new substitutes.
2. We provide training workshops for new substitutes which will be administered by employees of Fort Stockton ISD. Workshops will be announced by KFST radio, on US Cable Channel 16, in the Fort Stockton Pioneer newspaper, the FSISD Facebook page, the FSISD Twitter account and on this web page.
3. All applicants are required to be fingerprinted in accordance with Senate Bill 9. There will be a charge of $47 - $50 which you will be required to pay by check, money order or debit card. You are also responsible for getting to and from the fingerprinting location. Fingerprinting will be scheduled by Ember Renteria at the Administration Office only after a workshop has been scheduled. Verification of the following documents will be required:
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED (Substitute Teacher and Aide Positions)
- Bank information - Voided check or bank card
Citizenship verification will be obtained upon employment, as well.
Substituting is an excellent way for applicants to become better known by principals and to be considered for regular openings.
To place your name on our list of eligible substitutes, begin by completing the online application.
Thank you for your interest in our district. If you have questions about our application process, you may email Ember Renteria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 432-336-4000 ext 12.