Thursday, October 19, 2023
Fort Stockton Technology Center
1204 W. 2nd Street
9:00 am - 11:30 am
All substitute training for the 2023-2024 school year will be completed during scheduled onsite training.
When attending the substitute training, no documents are required for the training. All you need to do is show up! All other information will be discussed at the training.
If you are interested in working for the Fort Stockton Independent School District as a substitute aide, bus driver, cook, custodian, or teacher; please be aware of the following policies which will be conducted at a later date and after the substitute training:
1. Criminal background checks will be conducted on all new substitutes.
2. All applicants must be fingerprinted in accordance with Senate Bill 9. There will be a charge of $47 - $50, which you will be required to pay by check, money order, or debit card. You are also responsible for getting to and from the fingerprinting location. Fingerprinting will be scheduled by Ember Renteria at the Administration Office only after a workshop has been scheduled.
3. The following documents will be required for onboarding and verification during the paperwork process (not needed in substitute training):
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED (Substitute Teacher and Aide Positions)
- Bank information - Voided check or bank card
Citizenship verification will be obtained upon employment, as well.
Substituting is an excellent way for applicants to become better known by principals and be considered for regular openings.
To place your name on our list of eligible substitutes, begin by completing the online application.
Thank you for your interest in our district. If you have questions about our application process, you may email Ember Renteria (email@example.com) or call 432-336-4005.